Monday, October 13, 2008

Chelsea's Homecoming



The only way I can tie this in with being on the road is that I maintain Chelsea’s car, a 98 purple Neon nicknamed the Barney Mobile, keeping it on the road. Regular oil changes, wiper blades, muffler, and recently a brake job. I’ve tried to teach her some basic maintenance like checking the oil on the dip stick, she said where’s the dip stick, I said I’m looking at it ( looking straight at her). Anyway I said leave the maintenance to me.

Yes, it's ready for winter! And summer, this was taken last year when she turned 16.

This posting isn’t about maintaining a car but to write about our other granddaughter Chelsea. Being our first granddaughter she has always been special to us. We have built a lot of memories with her on the road in years past with vacations to Virginia Beach, Myrtle Beach, Hershey PA, Disney World and others. I wrote enough about Lindsey and she is also special, she has the biggest heart and is very near and dear to us. Getting back to Chels, she stopped in Saturday before a night on the town for homecoming. Of course we had to have a Kodak moment. So here are a few pictures. We sure felt out of place, dress wise. I felt like I should go out and rent a tux! She has turned into a beautiful, attractive young woman.



Now for the not so good pics......

She is a senior at Bedford High and is also taking college courses to get a jump on her college education. She is doing very well in maintaining her grades. She said she can’t believe she is a senior already. We said “how do you think we feel”! Time has gone by so fast. She also works at a local restaurant to pay for her car and spending money, and of course, saving some. She doesn’t have a career picked out yet but leaning toward the medical field, like X-ray tech. My personal pick would be a model! I think most of you would agree after seeing the following pictures.




We are truly proud of her, love her a lot and wish the best of everything especially when she crosses that big bridge at graduation next spring. Best of luck and God Bless Chels….

No comments: